Stress and anxiety have somewhat become a part of our daily life. Even though you try to clear your mind, you cannot because you suffer from stressful situations. These stressful situations affect the married life of many couples across the world. Therefore, many people seek Couples Therapy Los Angeles to resolve their problems.
You may not know, but stress and anxiety profoundly impact your body and ignoring it can lead to many medical problems. Whether you believe it or not, both stress and anxiety impact every system in your body.
- Nervous system: extreme stress or anxiety causes our nervous system to seep up our heartbeats. Thus, making people breathe faster and increasing the glucose level in the body.
- Cardiovascular system: chronic stress causes our heartbeat to accelerate, and adrenaline courses through the body. An increase in heartbeat or adrenaline leads to heart attacks, strokes, and hypertension. To maintain your stress levels, go for Therapeutic Intervention.
- Endocrine System: repeated stress lead to chronic fatigue, depression, and immune disorders.
- Musculoskeletal System: the more you try to fight the stress, the more you tighten your muscles. It sometimes leads to migraines or severe headaches. Therefore, it is necessary to take necessary precautions at the right time.
- Gastrointestinal System: due to stress, brain communication with other body parts is impacted, which sometimes causes bowel discomfort, vomiting, and unhealthy diets choices. In addition, to deal with stress and anxiety, some people opt for smoking and drinking, which cause other gastrointestinal problems.
- Reproductive System: stress and anxiety diminish sexual desires. At the same time, some men face a more challenging time producing sperm. In contrast, a woman’s menstrual cycle gets disrupted, thus giving them a more challenging time trying to conceive. As a result, many married couples opt for Couples Therapy Los Angeles to manage such situations.
For some people, dealing with stress is not as easy as for someone else. Everyone has their way of dealing with stress. If you cannot deal with stress or anxiety, don’t hesitate to seek professional help.
Some other problems caused by stress and anxiety are mentioned below:
- Muscle tension
- Getting sick a lot
- Erectile dysfunction
- Panic attacks
If you have been dealing with a lot of stress lately, we strongly suggest you take proactive methods to alleviate it. One of the best ways to alleviate stress and anxiety to live a healthy and happy life is Therapeutic Intervention. Consult a therapist to manage your stress to live a happy and stress-free life.